APPA End-of-Year Hui 2021
Join us December 2nd and 3rd for presentations and discussions from researchers, businesses, policy makers, artists and those interested in working together to mitigate and prevent plastic pollution in Aotearoa and Oceania. The 2nd annual APPA hui provides a platform for the community to come together and present their research and ideas and a space for collaboration and connection.
Presentations will span both mornings, 9am-12:30pm at the Old Government Buildings, Pipitea Campus, Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington. We will also stream presentations online for those unable to travel to Wellington (Zoom link will be provided closer to the time).
Thursday 2 December – Lecture Theatre 3 (GBLT3), Ground Floor
Friday 3 December – Lecture Theatre 4 (GBLT4), First Floor
Presentations topics include:
– The role of airborne microplastics in a changing climate
– Creative Responses to Plastic Pollution
– The road to a binding global plastic pollution treaty
– Using science to inform business decisions and promote behaviour change
– Plastics and marine debris across the ocean floor in New Zealand waters
– Litter Intelligence and citizen science
– Microplastic concentrations in Wellington streams
Workshops to follow in the afternoon from 2-4pm (costs included in ticket price).
- Thursday: site visit to The Tiny Plastic Factory. Meet at Sustainability Trust, 2 Forresters Lane at 2pm
- Friday: a zero-waste walking tour of Wellington City with The Rubbish Trip. Meet at Tuatua Café, Southeast corner of Frank Kitts Park, Wellington Waterfront
Dinner to follow on Thursday December 2nd. Venue to be determined (cost not included as part of this ticket).
Everyone is welcome to attend the hui. Attend as many or as few presentations and workshops as you wish. Will be held in person and online if alert levels allow. If not, the event will be online only. A Zoom link will be provided closer to the time.